Aaron is a Business Administration major at National Cheng Kung University. He will be covering topics related to business and economy, especially M&A strategy, CSR issues, marketing strategy and financial issues.
Latest from Aaron Huang
- Google Pay Struggled, But As Financial Service Provider The Future Bodes Well
- Unilever Boosts Digital-Marketing Spending Rate
- HSBC Pledges Net Zero Emissions By 2050 – But Not Everyone Is Happy
- Pepsi Introduces Sleep-Aid Drink To Help Reduce Stress
- Estée Lauder Cuts Jobs and Closes Stores After Sales Dip
- Diageo Acquires Ryan Reynolds’ Aviation Gin, Expands Its Portfolio
Latest from Advertorial
Alan is a student at National Sun-Yat Sen University majoring in foreign languages and literature. He has written about politics and gender issues, cross-strait issues, same-sex marriage and the Me Too movement
Latest from Alan Lu
- Shutdown Of CTI News Network: Does News Freedom Still Exist?
- Face-off Between Rival Political Factions In Philadelphia
- Taiwanese Target Of Chinese Claims Of State Organised Espionage
- President Trump and First Lady Test Positive For COVID-19
- US To Ban WeChat From APP Stores Today, TikTok to Follow In November
- ‘I Am Taiwanese’ Comment By Czech Official Irks China
Amy is a Taiwanese graduate student based in Phoenix, Arizona, currently home in Hsinchu to ride out the COVID-19 pandemic. She has a passion for Hakka culture, and the rights of minorities around the world. She will cover SE Asian news and topics.
Latest from Amy Wu
- Amazon To Help Biden Administration Ship COVID Vaccine To The Masses
- India’s SpiceJet Continues Adding Flight Routes Despite COVID
- WHO COVID Experts Expected In China From Thursday
- Mercedes-Benz To Increase Price Of Limited Models In India From Friday
- The World’s Richest Man With Little Interest In Material Possessions
- WhatsApp Makes Facebook Data Sharing Mandatory
Boya is an undergraduate student majoring in Quantitative Finance at National Tsing Hua University. Her interests are in the finance and technology fields, and she will primarily be covering finance and tech topics for The Taiwan Times.
Latest from Boya Chuang
- ETF Investments In Taiwan – The Lowdown
- ETF Investments – On The Up In Taiwan, But Should They Be?
- Beijing Taking Measures To Address China’s Upcoming Retirement Savings Deficit
- With US Unemployment Down To 8.4%, FED Shifts Long Term Goalposts
- Summer 2020 – Eight Of Nantou’s Best Hiking Trails
- Summer 2020: Vegan & Vegetarian Dining in Kaohsiung
Bryan is a Legal Studies and Philosophy major at NYU Abu Dhabi. He will be writing opinion pieces and covering topics related to government policy for The Taiwan Times.
Latest from Bryan Ying
- Is Freedom Of Speech In Danger In Taiwan? – The CTi Ruling From A Legal Standpoint
- Trump or Biden? The US Election & What It Means For Taiwan
- Taiwan Should Bow Its Head Regarding Shameful Refugee Policy
- Taiwan’s Constitutional Court Ruling Irks KMT
- When Restorative Justice Fails: Lo-Sheng Sanatorium
- Constitutional Bar Set Too High To Dissolve Control & Examination Yuans
Carol Chen is an undergraduate student from Waseda University in Japan, majoring in International Liberal Studies. She will be covering political topics in the East Asian region for The Taiwan Times.
Latest from Carol Chen
Catherine is an undergrad at NYU majoring in Liberal Studies and Psychology. She is interested in education, healthcare, and the environment. She also has a passion for cats, reading, and Broadway musicals.
Latest from Catherine Hsu
- Has The Environment Been Helped By COVID?
- What Is Your Blood Type? In Asia, It Matters! Kind Of…..
- World Mental Health Day 2020 – But Will Taiwan Even Notice?
- UK COVID Vaccine Trials Resume, Others Remain On Hold
- Broadway Lockdown: Frozen Melts Away, World Tour Still On
- Can Online Schooling Help America In The Battle Against COVID-19?
Majoring in Chinese literature and minoring in Foreign language and literature in NTU, I have developed an interest in literature and movie arts. My experience in extracurricular activities such as volunteering abroad, cultural exchanges, and performing arts make me a girl with an open heart and a thin skin.
Latest from Catherine Weng
- Solitude, Alienation, & End of the World? – “APOCALYPSE of Film Festival”
- “Spotlight on Taiwan” –The 40th Hawaii International Film Festival
- Rainbows Follow Rain – The 2020 Taiwan LGBT Pride, Beauty, My Own Way
- 2020 Taiwan LGBT Pride – October 31st – All You Need To Know!
- 2020 ‘Women Make Waves Film Festival’ Opens In Taipei
- In The Mood For Love? Repentance, Memory, and Faded Times Return 20 Years On
Celine is an undergraduate currently studying at the National Chung Hsing University, majoring in Foreign Language and Literature. She will be covering global as well as local issues, and writing opinion pieces
Latest from Celine Kuan
- Is Taiwan’s Next News Celebrity In The Ascendancy? CTI On The Cusp Of 2021
- School Uniforms Not A Valid Reason For School Detention In Taiwan
- Bilingual Taiwan By 2030 – Doable? Necessary?
- Autumn Struggle 2020 – As Seen By Taiwan’s ‘Next Generation’
- Taiwan’s Communications Commission Silences Pro-China CTi News
- Myanmar’s Election Threatens Access To Democratic Freedoms
A Business major at National Taiwan University, Charlene Lin will be covering business-related topics for The Taiwan Times in addition to issues related to the history of the country, and observations on Taiwanese society.
Emily is a student majoring in Economics and Philosophy at the University of Hong Kong. She is an avid art and music lover who aspires to share the beauty of her home, Taiwan, with the rest of the world. She will be covering art-related events and topics in Taiwan.
Evelina is a Marketing student at The University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom. She has stayed in multiple countries during her study, and is a self-confessed lover of travel who likes to explore the world. She will be covering travel topics for The Taiwan Times.
Latest from Evelina Chou
- Start-up Sensation – PerfectScore
- Yongkang Street – ‘New’ Taipei’s Foodie Go-To!
- Starbucks Taiwan – In Buildings From Yesteryear
- Summer 2020 – Taitung’s World Famous Hot Air Balloon Festival
- Summer 2020: Penghu Fireworks: How – When – Where
- Taiwanese Breakfast – The Perfect Start To Any Day In Taiwan
Latest from Guest Article
- Power Crisis For ‘Big Power’ in China
- Somaliland Advocacy Group On Incoming Biden Administration
- Heritage Institute Cautions Against Electoral Violence In Somalia
- Somaliland Minister Turns To Sierra Leone For ICT Help
- Currency Depreciation Addressed In Puntland
- Vietnam In Choppy Waters With Beijing Over South China Sea
A baseball fan, loyal Liverpool supporter, and a passionate multimedia journalist with an MA Journalism degree from Goldsmiths, University of London. With a full-fledged understanding of sports, business, and politics, he will bring the latest stories from London.
Joe is an enthusiastic amateur traveler who likes to explore new spots and stay as active as possible. She will be covering tourist attractions in Taiwan, and intends to spread more love from Taiwan to the world.
Latest from Joe Chang
- Taiwan’s Culinary Diversity – A Real Mix-n-Match Of Tastes
- The Thali – Salty, Spicy & Sweet! The Perfect Indian Eatery in Taipei.
- Is Travel Safe Now? Ideas To Aid The Tourism Industry While Staying Home
- Vivian Maier: Unlock The Mysterious Key Figure Of 20th-Century American Photography – In Taipei
- Summer 2020: North Taiwan – Taipei’s Jiantanshan Hiking Trail
- Get Out & About In North Taiwan – Taipei’s Jinmianshan Hiking Trail
Jonathan is a sportswriter whose primary interests are football and rugby. Since moving to Taiwan, he has taken a keen interest in local sporting endeavors writing about football and baseball, as well as NCAA Football in the US.
Latest from Jonathan Smith
Jordan is an undergrad at National Chengchi University, interested in cultural exchanges, and sharing. He also has a passion for about domestic and global current affairs.
Latest from Jordan Chen
Joy recently graduated from the University of Macau in the Biomedical Sciences, but has decided that writing suits him more than the lab bench. He loves bubble tea, anime and getting lost in foreign places.
Joyce is a recent graduate from UCSD majoring in International Business. She is currently back home in Taiwan. She enjoys photography and exploring Instagrammable cafes. She will be covering lifestyle content and local hot spots.
Kent is currently major in the Department of Foreign Language and Literature in National Sun Yat-Sen University. He is interested in politics, environmental issues as well as many issues that can be found in our daily lives.
Latest from Kent Kuo
An Internet Influencer and an amateur photographer, KW has spent his entire life in Taiwan, and his aim is to deliver bias-free news in English to all people interested in Taiwan and its domains.
Latest from Kw Lin
- Chunghwa Telecom in Taiwan to recruit upto 3000 in new staff from next year
- Apple pulls HKmap app from App Store after complaints from Chinese media
- China is breeding giant pigs which are as heavy as polar bears to fill pork shortage
- Taiwan ranked No. 1 country in the world for ‘work, make friends, and raise a family’
- China says protests in Hong Kong took place due to billionaire Li Ka-shing
- Taipei International Coffee Festival kicks off to celebrate International Coffee Day
Leilani is a senior majoring in Applied Linguistics and Language Studies. She is concerned about various social issues and current international affairs. She also likes to travel.
Leticia is majoring in journalism studies at the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom. She is interested in global news and social issues including human rights, as well as being a huge cat lover.
Latest from Leticia Chen
- How Did ‘Non-Country’ Taiwan Beat COVID-19 & The WHO So Convincingly?
- Anti-Chinese Racism In UK Affecting Taiwanese
- #FREEMENA – The Yemeni Humanitarian Crisis Being Ignored By The World
- Black Lives Matter Taipei – Standing In The Fight Against Racism
- #SayHerName – Breonna’s law passed
- TTT Interview: Taiwan LGBT Hotline Association
Lisa is an Eastender from London in her second year in Taipei where she teaches English, and in her spare time writes poetry. She is a practicing vegan and lover of yoga who lives 'off-grid' as much as possible. She is our weekend editor.
Latest from Lisa Conklin
- Puntland Government To Counter Somaliland Bid To Register Voters
- TPEC Activities Hamstrung By Meagre Resources In Africa
- Mediation Conference Called In Puntland After Clan Violence Near Taiwan’s Ally, Somaliland
- U.S. Says China’s Repression of Uyghurs Is ‘Genocide’
- Hudur: An African City Bracing For Impending Humanitarian Disaster
- McLaren Joins 2022 Formula E
LuLu is an undergrad major in International Studies and minor in Japanese at the University of California, Irvine. She's a cat person and an amateur in music arrangement.
Lynn holds a Masters of Industrial Design from Tunghai University, and now works in a place-making team. Her favorite things are wandering around historic cities & seeing exhibitions on a laid-back afternoon. Lynn will cover local guides and exhibitions around Taiwan for TTT.
Mark is a journalism vet of 20 years with most of those years spent in Tokyo, Japan, as a columnist for The Japan Times and numerous other publications. His work has appeared on CNN, in the BBC, NPR, and in several dozen other media forms and publications across five continents.
Latest from Mark Buckton
- KMT Rights Claim Of First Taiwan Invite To Presidential Inauguration In 42 Years
- Taiwan’s Political Leaders Congratulate Biden & Harris On Assuming Office – One Better Than The Other
- Taoyuan COVID Cluster Leads To Cancellation Of Central Taiwan Lantern Festival
- New Haitian Ambassador Arrives In Taiwan
- World’s Largest Floating Solar Facility On Schedule For 2022-23
- US No Longer To “Appease” China Over US-Taiwan Relations.
While majoring in International Relations at National Taiwan University, Mindy spends her extracurricular time in a volunteering club as a mentor in remote areas of Taiwan. She is interested in outdoor activities and interacting with people from all walks of life. She will be covering Area Guides and conducting interviews for The Taiwan Times.
Latest from Mindy Lu
- Five Stimulus Vouchers Available To All! … almost
- The 2020 Taipei Film Festival – Coming Soon!
- The Bold, The Corrupt, And The Beautiful – An Insight Into Modern Taiwanese Culture
- Taiwan Through Japanese Eyes – Pt II – COVID-19 & WHO
- Taiwan Through Japanese Eyes – Pt. I – Mangoes & 3C
- Taiwan Through Malaysian Eyes & Vice-Versa
Monica is an undergraduate at the University of California, Berkeley, double majoring in Political Science and Society & Environment. She is interested in law, environmental issues, international politics, and the entertainment industry. In her free time, Monica enjoys watching a wide variety of television shows.
Naomi is an Economics major at National Taiwan University. She loves traveling, reading, and exploring new things in different fields in her spare time. She has a particular interest in feminist issues.
Latest from Naomi Chen
- Exhibition Marks Taiwan’s First Photojournalist Chen Keng-Pin
- Taichung Old Town Restoration – Visit Now & Feel The Past
- Wheels Ride Festival – Taichung
- British Investments In Taichung Infrastructure On The Rise
- Taichung Shopping-Fest To Sync With National Stimulus Program
- “Black Lives Matter” – Global Reach
Nitin is The Taiwan Times' man in India. Based in New Delhi he is a career journalist with over 35 years experience in mass media for some of India's biggest names.
Latest from Nitin Saxena
- China Targets Africa As Tensions In Ladakh & South China Sea Simmer
- Will A Few Space Rocks Lead To China ‘Claiming’ The Moon?
- Indian Muslims Want A Secular India – Here’s Why
- India’s Huge Farming Sector Starting To Turn Against PM Modi
- China’s Electromagnetic Wonder Weapon = Fake News
- India Expects! Great Expectations If You Will Mr. Biden!
Latest from PR Newswire
- COVID-19 Changes Trend of Chinese New Year’s Eve Dinner in Taiwan
- (Interview) OCB Life’s Harry Pham Talks Business, Future Investments, Supercars & Football
- Japan’s Hayashi Telempu, Germany’s Adler Pelzer Establish ‘GAIA Holdings’
- Studies Show Indonesian Students Prefer Live-Streamed Classes
- The Untamed – T.U.B.S – Releasing Debut EP “LOVE:ONE-ACT”
- Kbeauty Brand AXIS-Y Shares Insight On Becoming TikTok Sensation
A student at National Taiwan University majoring in Management, Sean is Interested in movies, music and transportation issues.
Latest from Sean Chen
- China Airlines New Taiwan Themed Aircraft Design – Still Confusing!
- China Airlines Shrinks Name On New Boeing 777 Fleet
- Taiwan’s StarLux Airlines Applies For 15 New US Routes
- British Airways CEO Steps Down in Shake-up at Parent Company
- AirAsia Leaves Japan Market – For Good
- Air New Zealand Grounds Entire Boeing 777 Fleet As Domestic Routes Open Up
Tina is a student at National Chengchi University majoring in Business Administration and Psychology. She not only likes to explore new destinations but is also a vegetarian foodie. She will introduce her favorite spots and restaurants in Taiwan she has visited and checked out.
Latest from Tina Chang
- Nantou – Taiwan’s Land Of Rich Alpine Fruit
- Taiwan’s First Official ‘Slow Town’ – Fenglin, Hualien County
- Summer 2020: Exploring The Four Beasts Of Xinyi
- Summer 2020 – Visit One Of Taiwan’s Active Volcanoes – Guishan Island
- Summer 2020: Experiencing Hakka ‘Lei-cha’ In Beipu
- Fancy A Stroll In Yilan – Taipei’s Back Garden?
Winnie is a Finance major studying at National Taiwan University. She will be covering topics related to business and financial issues for The Taiwan Times.
Yihsuan is a recent graduate of Leiden University College in the Netherlands. She has graduated with a BSc in Governance, Economics, and Development. She will be writing about political and economic affairs in Europe and East Asia.
Yu Shen is a graduate of National Taiwan University, majoring in Social Work. She will be covering society-related topics for The Taiwan Times as well as offering her observations on Taiwanese politics.
Latest from Yu Shen Cheng
- Transitional Justice In Taiwan – Why It Matters Pt III
- Transitional Justice In Taiwan – Pt II – Chen Wen-Chen
- Transitional Justice In Taiwan – Why It Matters
- Controversial Not Guilty Ruling Highlights Mental Health Failings
- June 6th D-Day for KMT’s Han Kuo-yu
- Why Are Non-Taiwanese Treated Differently?
Yvonne is a student in humanities and social science at Taipei First Girls’ High School. In her free time, she reads news, goes to lectures and exhibitions on various topics. She is willing to share her view as a high school student with The Taiwan Times.