Shih saves acrobatically during the game [TFPL]

Tatung 3-0 LHNTUS

Elias Argueta scored twice as Tatung swatted aside LHNTUS to go into the mid-season break on a four-game unbeaten run. The Honduran opened the scoring in the 20th minute, firing home after Hsu Fan-Shao’s shot had been well-saved by Tian Syuan-Jin.

The Taipei side had started the season in indifferent form, drawing 0-0 with Skywalkers in their opening fixture before losing to Taiwan Steel, Taipower and CPC FC. However, in recent games they have steadied the ship and should return from the break reenergised.

After taking the lead the home side never seemed in danger of letting it slip, and their dominance was rewarded when Argueta doubled his and Tatung’s tally in the 34th minute after Huang Jyu-Wen’s clever through ball.

From this point the match was essentially over as a contest, and when Chen Po-Hao tapped home from close range early in the second half any lingering LHNTUS hopes were extinguished.

Speaking after the game, Argueta said: “Even though I got injured I feel happy we won. Scoring the first goal gave me confidence. We still need to improve our passing game so in the upcoming break we can try to work on this.”

Tatung manager Chiang Mu-Tsai said he was pleased the team followed the game plan by scoring early and stabilising the team. He added that over the break they would work on their attacking formations.

Argueta (c) scored twice to secure the points for Tatung [TFPL]

CPC FC 1-0 Taiwan Skywalkers

Weng Wei-Peng scored the decisive goal in what could prove a crucial game in the relegation fight come the end of the season.

In a cagey first half neither team carried much attacking threat, with wayward shots from distance as close as either side came.

However, the stalemate was broken two minutes into the second half. The 29-year-old Weng pounced on a goalkeeping mistake from a corner to smash the ball home from six yards.

From there CPC were happy to defend their lead and hit on the counter. Although Skywalkers pressed hard for the remainder of the game, the Kaohsiung side were able to hold out for a crucial win.

Taipower celebrate after equalising [TFPL]

Hang Yuan FC 1-1 Taipower

Taipower missed a chance to put pressure on title rivals Taiwan Steel as they were held to a draw by a battling Hang Yuan team.

Taipower went behind midway through the second half when Wu Yen-Shu jinked inside to fire a shot inside the near post in a rare moment of quality.

With title favourites Taiwan Steel missing games due to AFC Cup commitments, the game represented an opportunity for Taipower to build a cushion at the top of the table.

Finding themselves behind and missing a priceless opportunity to move clear at the top of the table, Taipower quickly rallied after falling behind. They were only behind for two minutes when Chiu I-Huan connected with a Chen Chao-An cross to finish from close range.

Although Taipower pushed for a winner that would have created some daylight between them and Steel at the top of the table, ultimately Hang Yuan were able to hold out, as the home side appeared satisfied with a draw as the game drew to a close.

This article first appeared in Taiwan Football News

Comments are closed.

You May Also Like

Fitness Club Shut Due To Coronavirus Fears

despite a requirement (for) self-quarantine … club member chose to visit the Yawei fitness club

Taiwan to Impose Health Declaration Forms on All Visitors

Those failing to accurately do so face a fine of up to NT$150,000

Despite Trade War, Taiwan Raises Economic Forecast For 2020

The ongoing US-China trade war seems to be impacting everyone, except perhaps…

In Taiwan, Southeast Asians Find Roots In A Bookstore

Humans often tend to create and sustain differences between each other. In…