SOUTHAMPTON, England, Feb. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In a first of its kind move, Great Britain's Mapping Agency 'Ordnance Survey' has launched its popular walking and cycling app, OS Maps, in Australia. Australia is the first nation outside Britain to have access to OS Maps. The new app's accurate mapping format and routes will help people to explore more and create their own adventures on and off the beaten track. Alongside detailed mapping, the app's 3D features help outdoor lovers plan and navigate routes that are convenient, accessible and safe, whether hiking, walking, cycling or running. Developed by Ordnance Survey, OS Maps utilises cutting-edge technology and 230 years of mapping expertise. For the past five years, and particularly so during the pandemic, the multi award-winning app has been helping millions of Britons to get outside, helping them keep physically and mentally active. Free to download, its premium subscription service provides unlimited access to detailed mapping, routes and features. [caption id="attachment_12716" align="aligncenter" width="600"] C: Drew Collins - Unsplash[/caption] With OS Maps, users can:
- Explore a variety of map layers including detailed Australian topographic maps, aerial imagery and detailed street level mapping.
- View thousands of features including footpaths and trails and feature names such as hills and points of interest.
- Discover thousands of ready-made routes and create new routes.
- Download maps and routes to phones to use later outdoors even without mobile signal.
- Visualise routes in 3D and fly-through a route to understand the terrain and difficulty level before leaving home.
- Operate across all devices - seamless sync between desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Share routes and experiences with friends and family to discover the outdoors together.
By PR Newswire