Bengaluru, NFAPost: Google has finally revealed that the next Android OS will simply be named ‘Android 10’ instead of the traditional naming scheme adopted by the company.
In essence, the Android Q update will break the hitherto norm of using ‘dessert’ names, and thus marks the end of an era of ‘delicious’ titles as noted by Xiaomi’s Manu Kumar Jain.
The previous line of Android OS releases included popular dessert names like Cupcake, Donut, Éclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream, Jellybean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo and Pie.
Now, the Android community is anxiously awaiting the arrival of Android 10 on their favourite devices.
So, let’s take a sneak peek at the potential release date of the new Android OS update for a selection of the most prominent and eligible devices.
Partial List of Supported Devices (OEM-Wise)
Here’s the list of Asus phones that will be getting the new Android OS update:
- Asus ZenFone 6 (Asus 6Z in India) – Android 10 is now available (15 Nov 2019)
- Asus ZenFone 5Z – Android 10 beta is available
- Asus ZenFone 5
- Asus ZenFone Max Pro (M1)
- Asus ZenFone Max Pro (M2)
- Asus ZenFone Max (M1)
- Asus ZenFone Max (M2)
- Asus ROG Phone
- Asus ROG Phone 2
Meanwhile, the ZenFone Live L1 and ZenFone Lite L1 are expected to get the Android Pie update. These phones are unlikely to get the new update.
Asus ROG Phone 2 users can now enjoy the Android 10 update as the device maker recently confirmed the new update for the phone.
List of Blackberry devices to get new Android OS update
It has been officially confirmed that none of the new Blackberry phones will get the Android 10 update including the Blackberry KEY2, Blackberry KEY2 LE, Blackberry Evolve and Blackberry Evolve X.
It may be recalled that the KEYone users are still stuck on Android Nougat while there is no word on either Oreo or Pie updates for these devices.
List of Pixel Phones to Get Android 10
Google has rolled out the stable build of Android 10 update for its Pixel lineup including Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a and Pixel XL variants. The said Pixel users may download and install the update via OTA as well as through factory images.
Meanwhile, the new Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL devices should be running Android 10 update out-of-the-box.
Here’s the full list of Pixel devices that are eligible for the new Android 10 update:
- Google Pixel and Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL
The following HTC devices are destined to get the Android 10 update:
- HTC U12+
- HTC Exodus 1
Which Huawei devices will get Android 10?
The following Huawei devices are expected to receive the new Android 10 update along with their custom skin, EMUI 10:
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20, Mate 20 X, Mate RS Porsche Design and Mate 20 Lite
- Huawei P20, P20 Pro and P20 Lite
- Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, and Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Huawei Nova 5T
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Nova 3 and 3i
- Huawei P Smart+, P Smart 2019
- Huawei Y6 2019 and Y6 Pro 2019
Here’s full list of Motorola devices supporting stock Android 10 update:
- Moto Razr: Released on May 11th, 2020
- Moto Z4: Released for Verizon Z4 on 31st March 2020.
- One Action: Released in India on Jan 16, in the US on April 07
- Moto One: Android 10 beta released on March 27, 2020
- Moto One Power
- Moto Z3 and Z3 Play
- Moto G7, Moto G7 Plus, Moto G7 Play, and Moto G7 Power
Motorola is officially releasing kernel sources to help Custom ROM developers to support Android 10 update on the following Motorola handsets:
- Motorola One Zoom
- Motorola One Hyper
- Motorola One Power
- Moto G7 Plus
- Moto G8 Power
Here’s the list of Sony devices that are currently receiving the new Android 10 update:
- Sony Xperia 10
- Sony Xperia 10 Plus
Full list of Sony handsets eligible to get the new Android OS update:
- Sony Xperia 1 (December 2019)
- Sony Xperia 5 (December 2019)
- Sony Xperia 10 (Released, May 2020)
- Sony Xperia 10 Plus (Released, May 2020)
- Sony Xperia XZ2 (Released in Jan 2020)
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (Released in Jan 2020)
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium (Released in Jan 2020)
- Sony Xperia XZ3 (Released in Jan 2020)
The following devices have already been updated to Android 10:
- Xperia XZ3
- Xperia XZ2
- Xperia XZ2 Compact
- Xperia XZ2 Premium
Full list of Xiaomi phones to get Android 10 update soon:
- Xiaomi Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, and Mi 9T
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 and Mix 3 5G
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Pocophone F1
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro, Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 and K20 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi A3
- Xiaomi Mi A2
- Mi A2 Lite (March 09, 2020: now available)
- Xiaomi Mi Play
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro
- Xiaomi Black Shark and Black Shark 2
NOTE: This is not the full official or final list of devices as this will be updated on a regular basis and republished. However, most of the devices in this list are assured to get the new Android update sooner than later.
This story first appeared in the NFA Post and is republished with edits, with permission.