News

North Korea to prepare for ‘dialogue and confrontation’, says Kim

The leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un, has said that his country needs to prepare for the ‘dialogue and confrontation’ with the US. Hence they have more focus on preparing for the confrontation. This is marking the first time when Mr. Kim has made any direct comment on the administration of President Joe Biden.

Earlier, North Korea has snubbed all its efforts to the new US government for the establishment of diplomatic communication. The United States has always been calling for this country to give up its nuclear weapons.

However, Pyongyang has made repeated refusals. The United Nations Security Council has imposed a very strict economic sanction on this East Asian state. Mr. Kim has made his latest remarks about meeting the senior leaders. It started this week in the capital Pyongyang.

He said that they need to “especially to get fully prepared for confrontation to protect the dignity of our state and its interests for independent development.”

Also, it calls for the guarantee of a very peaceful environment in the security of North Korea. He has also said that North Korea would “sharply and promptly react to the developments. At the same time, the country will concentrate on the efforts to take a more stable control of this situation on the Korean peninsula.

The latest comment has come days after he formally made his acknowledgment about the concerts that North Korea is facing. The country is facing concerns regarding the shortage of food. Earlier this week, the leaders from the G7 nations and Mr. Biden called on North Korea to drop off their nuclear and missile programs.

The relationship between Mr. Kim and Mr. Biden is very tense. Before the selection of Mr. Biden, he had called Mr. Kim a “thug”. The state has also put on a show-off force along with a massive military parade to showcase a new missile.

In April, Mr. Biden referred to North Korea as a serious threat to global security. Washington also came up with a complete review of its North Korea Policy. The US would continue to complete the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Mr. Kim has met Mr. Trump on three occasions. However, the talks on denuclearization are still on hold.

The highly centralised totalitarian state is signaling its openness for dialogue. But it will not accept the denuclearisation that the US demands.

Credits: BBC

Ishita Paul

Recent Posts

President Trump makes global markets melt after unveiling reciprocal tariffs

Global markets reeled on Thursday after President Donald Trump announced sweeping tariffs on U.S. trading…

1 day ago

President Trump signs executive order requiring proof of citizenship to vote during elections

President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Tuesday implementing significant changes to federal election…

1 week ago

Russia and Ukraine agree to ceasefire in Black Sea following U.S.-mediated talks

In a significant diplomatic breakthrough, Russia and Ukraine have agreed to eliminate the use of…

1 week ago

U.S. Defense Secretary leaks war plans by adding a journalist in encrypted group chat

U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth disclosed sensitive military plans for an imminent strike on Yemen…

1 week ago

South Korea’s Constitutional Court overturns impeachment of Prime Minister Han Duck-soo

South Korea’s Constitutional Court has overturned the impeachment of Prime Minister Han Duck-soo, reinstating him…

2 weeks ago

Trump denies report of Musk being briefed on U.S. military plans for China

President Donald Trump has denied a report by The New York Times stating that Tesla…

2 weeks ago