Declarations announced at P&G and UN Women #WeSeeEqual Gender Equality summit that saw participation from global equality advocates Indra Nooyi and Bonang Matheba. SINGAPORE, Feb. 17, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) today announced new declarations aimed to propel gender equality across the Asia Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa, at its third annual #WeSeeEqual summit for the region. Hosted virtually for the first time, the event saw distinguished advocates and personalities from private and public sectors come together to address the challenges of gender and women's equality, which have been severely impacted by the pandemic.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="600"] P&G President for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Magesvaran Suranjan speaking at the third annual #WeSeeEqual summit[/caption]
Built on the theme '#Unsaid and #Undone', the summit brought together leading voices on Gender Equality to challenge the current discourse and commit to the actions needed for progress.
P&G President for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Magesvaran Suranjan, announced the following declarations:
- P&G will educate more than 30 million adolescent girls on puberty and hygiene across Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, through its Always and Whisper 'Keeping Girls in School' program over the next three years.
- P&G is committed to spending a cumulative total of $200 million US dollars by deliberately working with women-owned businesses across the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa region, by 2025.
- P&G is introducing 'Share the Care', a new parental leave policy in the Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa region. Under its new 'Share the Care' program, all new parents will be entitled to a minimum of 8 weeks' fully paid leave, with an additional 6 weeks' recovery leave for birth mothers.
- P&G is committed to achieve a 50-50 gender balance across its management workforce in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa by the end of calendar year 2022.
- Anita Bhatia, UN Women Deputy Executive Director
- Indra Nooyi, former Chief Executive Officer & Chairman of PepsiCo
- Bonang Matheba, South African Media Personality, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist
By PR Newswire