MANILA, Philippines, Feb. 10, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) announced an in-depth report on over-the-top (OTT) video streaming in the Philippines market, revealing that 36 million consumers stream two billion hours of OTT content per month – making OTT one of the fastest growing media channels in the country. OTT services enable viewers to stream professionally-produced video content over the internet on demand, from any device including smart TVs, personal computers or mobile devices.More than one in five OTT users surveyed hadn't watched traditional TV at all in the three months prior to the survey
- Almost 9 in 10 viewers will watch ads in exchange for free programming via OTT
- 65 percent expect to maintain or increase streaming viewership after the pandemic
- Over a third of the population (36 million) use OTT streaming services.
- Viewers stream two billion hours of OTT per month in the Philippines, the second highest among the six markets surveyed and lagging only populous Indonesia.
- 55 percent of OTT viewers are between 16 to 34 years of age. Among 25-34 year olds, nearly 6 in 10 (59 percent) report watching Korean programming.
- 55 percent of OTT viewers have increased streaming during COVID and 65 percent plan to maintain or increase OTT consumption even after the pandemic.
- More than one in five OTT users surveyed (22 percent) hadn't watched traditional TV at all in the three months prior to survey, second only to Malaysia (23 percent).
- The Philippines is the most ad tolerant Southeast Asian country surveyed, with 42 percent of OTT viewers willing to watch four or more ads per hour of free content.
- Advertisers can reach more than 20 million consumers in the Philippines on ad-supported platforms.
By PR Newswire Asia